Let's browse, shall we?

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Robert's Rules of Writing by Robert Masello



Loved it. Every writer, or prospective writer, should take a glance at it. Mr. Masello puts a lot of emphasis on dispelling writing myths and taboos in favor of clear and precise advice that will allow you to move past most of the issues modern fiction writers face at some time or another. The book reads easily and is laid out in a very simple format: each rule is its own chapter. You don't have to follow it in any particular order. Just open it up at any given page and read that rule. They're all written with clarity and injected with amusing anecdotes, so you'll have a hard time finding anything boring in there. I borrowed this copy from the library, but I'm thinking of purchasing my own just to have one to browse over when the mood strikes me or when I feel stuck during a writing project.


Read from May 15 to June 04, 2013

* * * * *

No comments:

Post a Comment